CODE OF ETHICS
Attestations and Code of Ethics
The overriding philosophy for all Accredited Disability Representatives shall be that any action taken will be in the client's best interests and result in no harm coming to the client. The Representative shall hold their client in the highest regard, with the client's welfare the sole object of the representative's efforts.
- I will comply with the Rules of Conduct and Standards of Responsibility for Representatives (Rules of Conduct) found at 20 C.F.R. 404.1740 and 416.1540.
- I will be forthright, professional and respectful in my dealings with adjudicators at all levels of the disability process and assist the adjudicator in the processing of the claim in a timely and efficient manner.
- I will develop the competencies necessary to represent my clients appropriately and effectively.
- I will treat other disability representatives in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- I will engage in ethical business practices at all times.
- I will not actively recruit currently represented clients.
- I will be forthright and informative with my clientele and the public.
- I will make no promises or state outcomes which cannot be guaranteed.
- I will not knowingly engage in any activity which will negatively impact the duration of my client's claim.
- In all circumstances, I will attempt to provide the highest standards of conduct for the profession, while striving to maintain the dignity and rights of my clients.
I attest that I am currently eligible for direct fee withholding in accordance with all requirements promulgated by SSA.
I have not been disallowed from practicing before the SSA or any other Federal Agency.
I have not been convicted of a felony since I became eligible for direct fee payment, nor had a judgment or lien assessed against me by a civil court for fraud.
© Copyright, Accredited Disability Representative